Leadership is central to school improvement. Our team of leadership advisors who are experienced, well-respected and regionally based ex-principals, offer a range of leadership services to support you.
Principal Professional Learning Groups
We have been contracted by the Ministry of Education to establish and facilitate Principal Professional Learning Groups (PLG) throughout New Zealand during 2019/2020.We develop strong reciprocal coaching practice which supports your leadership learning within a collaborative, high-trust, small group setting.
Specific Support for Principals
We have been contracted by the Ministry of Education to provide support for principals/ngā tumuaki across the 10 Ministry of Education regions. Leadership Advisors are available to respond to principal requests for support to help resolve a specific need. Support is envisaged as typically lasting one to two terms.This support is expected to complement existing principal support services from NZPF, SPANZ, NZEI, PPTA and NZSTA. These organisations may recommend the leadership advisor service to principals contacting their helplines.
Principals are encouraged to contact us for support in areas such as:
• strategic relationships with staff, BoT and/or community
• strategic planning and internal evaluation processes, including curriculum review
• planning to positively impact on low levels of student engagement and achievement
• leadership capability within the school
• planning in relation to ERO review recommendations
• principal’s understanding of their governance role.
In addition to the Ministry funded principal support, we have team members with the capacity to directly support school leaders in the following:
• developing the leadership capability of leaders and leadership teams in response to their needs including principals, senior leaders, middle leaders and across school leaders.
• developing the leadership capability of leaders and leadership teams in response to identified areas of strategic improvement such as strategic planning, curriculum review, community consultation and school wide appraisal
• individual and/or group leadership coaching and mentoring
• partnership with a school to build a long-term support plan
• principal and senior leadership appraisal
Further information is available from your local Evaluation Associates Leadership Advisor or by contacting the regional team leader.
Southern region (South Island) Grant Stedman
027 415 7983