In response to some concerns that EAP was not being funded in Greater Christchurch, clarification is here for you that the only thing that has changed in relation to EAP services to greater Christchurch schools, is that the service has been extended until June 2023.
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
EAP Services has provided a range of specific services to greater Christchurch state and state-integrated schools since 2011, under the special funding of the Ministry’s Greater Christchurch Workforce Support Package. EAP Services provides confidential access to qualified professional support and advice for teaching and non-teaching staff and their immediate families/whānau within greater Christchurch (Waimakariri, Selwyn and Christchurch City Districts) when they are experiencing personal or work-related issues.
The Greater Christchurch School Support Package includes sessions tailored to the specific needs of an individual or a school and is aimed at helping the education workforce cope with or plan for what’s going on in their lives. Any individual’s discussions with the EAP professional are strictly confidential, informal, friendly, and non-judgmental.
The services provided by EAP Services to greater Christchurch include:
workshops to whole schools or individuals on topics such as:
- Coping in times of uncertainty and change
- Building resilience to stress
- Building healthy relationships
- Building a positive workplace culture
- Five ways to wellbeing.
- Moving On – a school based facilitated workshop. This supports
school leaders and their staff, following periods of uncertainty and
change to support each other and plan for the successful ongoing operation
of the school.
- Career transition sessions for individuals – a customised
programme tailored to an individual’s career transition requirements,
which may include career assessment, preparation of a CV, networking and
job searching strategies.
- EAP Counselling / Financial / Legal Advice to individuals –
Personal and / or professional counselling or financial / legal advice for
Under this package, use of the EAP is at no cost to either the school or the individuals. For counselling services, staff at State and State Integrated schools in greater Christchurch ring the 0800 327 669 number for individual counselling and, for all other services, Principals can email Trace Church email@example.com or phone 03 348 0856 to discuss their school’s needs.
- EAP services funded through the Greater Christchurch Workforce Support Package apply only to state and state integrated schools in greater Christchurch (Waimakariri, Selwyn and Christchurch City Districts).
- Schools outside the greater Christchurch area can access EAP services through their own contracts but services accessed by schooling and support staff are funded by the Board of Trustees.
- Early Childhood Services are not funded for EAP services through the Greater Christchurch Workforce Support Package.
- EAP services are available to early learning services if their affiliate association holds a contract with EAP Services or the service itself engages EAP Services. This is at the cost of individual services.
- You can contact EAP services on 0800 327 669 anytime.